uPVC or Traditional Timber
There are many profiles of uPVC on the market which, when installed, can seem very similar. Profiles are made up of uPVC (unplasticised polyvinyl chloride) and cavities, which reduce the heat loss through the frames. The more cavities the profile has (and therefore the thicker the profile), the more efficient it is at reducing heat loss. Similarly, the narrower the frame, and therefore fewer cavities, the poorer the insulation factor.
Whilst we are not tied to any one manufacturer or profile, and can supply and install any profile on the market, including Duraflex, Halo, Rehau and Eurocell, we have chosen one in particular as our primary product.
This is the Optima Range by Profile 22, 70mm in width, it combines function, performance and aesthetic appeal. A revolution in window design, the Optima was awarded New Product of the Year at the G16 Awards in 2016.
If you’d like to extend your research further, please follow this link to the Profile 22 website www.profile22.co.uk
The Optima Range by Profile 22
- Superior 8 multi-point locking mechanism for optimum security,
- Police ‘Secured by Design’ accreditation *
- Strong aesthetic appeal – choose from a sculptured design or a cottage style flush casement or sash window, which look traditional but perform to today’s standards
- Better insulation with a 6-chambered outerframe and 5-chambered sash which can offer thermal U-values as low as 0.8W/m2K or an A++ Window Energy Rating (WER)
- Styling designed to be easy to clean and maintain with angled edges to allow rainwater to run off, minimising dirt and debris build up
- Superior seals on casement windows, doors, tilt and turn windows, a cost-effective solution to reducing draughts and achieving thermal standards, improving performance and weatherability
- Deeper drainage channels for long term durability and weather protection
- Simultaneously fully welded frames which provide increased structural strength, and is re-enforced with galvanised steel when required to maximise strength
- Host of features to maximise security and strength, including a central Eurogroove to give greater rigidity to the sashes, strategic local wall thickening for better hardware and screw retention, and a secure bead system.
- Large range of foils and colour options with improved lead times
- Tested and compliant with the BFRC window energy ratings
- Excellent internal beading system which prevents the glass from being removed from the outside, thereby providing added security and it incorporates a night vent facility to allow ventilation whilst still maintaining a locked and secure unit.
- More recycled components and responsibly-sourced materials are used in the manufacture of the Optima range and it is manufactured entirely in the UK
* Secured by Design – a national Police initiative that supports and promotes the principles of crime prevention through secure design and engineering.
We supply high quality hardwood and softwood timber products based on a high quality design. The beauty of timber is unarguable and, if looked after, will last for many years.
Our standard timber products are supplied by Dempsey Dyer. All Dempsey Dyer products are gasket glazed, with either sloped or concealed drainage systems, and incorporate security tape, friction stays and espagnolette locking as standard. A range of cill, frame thickness, finish and ironmongery options are available.
For more information on the Dempsey Dyer products, please follow this link to the Dempsey Dyer website
Aluminium windows and doors are strong, durable and have an elegant, slim profile allowing lots of light through with more glass and less frame. A great choice for a contemporary look, our aluminium profile is protected by a tough and resilient powder paint coating or hard anodized surface. Both finishes will give you years of excellent service with only the minimum amount of maintenance.