Product Information and Technical Specification uPVC
There are many profiles of uPVC on the market which, when installed, can seem very similar. Profiles are made up of uPVC (unplasticised polyvinyl chloride) and cavities, which reduce the heat loss through the frames. The more cavities the profile has (and therefore the thicker the profile), the more efficient it is at reducing heat loss. Similarly, the narrower the frame, and therefore fewer cavities, the poorer the insulation factor.
Whilst we are not tied to any one manufacturer or profile, and can supply and install any profile on the market, including Halo, Profile 22, Rehau and Eurocell, we have chosen one in particular as our primary product. This is the Duraflex profile, 70mm in width, which combines function, form and aesthetic appeal into one. If you’d like to extend your research further, please follow this link to the Duraflex website.
- Has a superior 8 multi-point locking mechanism for optimum security, with police ‘security by design’ accreditation
- Has a strong aesthestic appeal
- Is manufactured well, using good length screws on the locks and keeps which won’t easily come out if forced
- Has simultaneously fully welded frames which provide increased structural strength, and is re-enforced with galvanised steel to maximise strength
- Is tested and compliant with the BFRC window energy ratings
- Is manufactured to the stringent BS7950 security standard and complies to the BS7412 standard for weather resistance and draught proofing
- In addition it has an excellent internal beading system which prevents the glass from being removed from the outside, thereby providing added security and it incorporates a night vent facility to allow ventilation whilst still maintaining a locked and secure unit.
We supply high quality hardwood and softwood timber products based on a high quality design. The beauty of timber is unsurpassable and, if looked after, will last for many years.
Our standard timber products are supplied by Dempsey Dyer. All Dempsey Dyer products are gasket glazed, with either sloped or concealed drainage systems, and incorporate security tape, friction stays and espagnolette locking as standard. A range of cill, frame thickness, finish and ironmongery options are available.
For more information on the Dempsey Dyer products, please follow this link to the Dempsey Dyer website.
Aluminium is naturally stronger and much more stable than other materials commonly used for windows and doors. They will not warp, rust or need painting and are particularly suitable for bay windows, doors and conservatories, where extremely strong sections are essential. Our aluminium profile is protected by a tough and resilient powder paint coating or hard anodized surface. Both finishes will give you years of excellent service with only the minimum amount of maintenance.